As the marketing and operations associate, you will be responsible for developing and executing the overall marketing and communications strategy for our firm and portfolio companies. You will also be responsible for daily operational initiatives, ensuring SCV is efficient and organized.
- Develops and manages the overall marketing and communications strategy for SCV.
- Tracks marketing and communications activities with relevant metrics and presents these metrics to the rest of the team.
- Develops and produces creative and high-quality marketing material for SCV and its portfolio companies.
- Manages the SCV website including quality control reviews, event announcements, news updates, and blog posts. Suggests both detailed and overall messaging and quality improvements and works to ensure these are completed.
- Acts as the primary lead for planning, developing, and executing high-quality, engaging events that promote SCV and its portfolio members. Suggests new event ideas and themes that highlight SCV and its portfolio companies in unique and exciting ways.
- Manages all social media and drives engagement with and awareness of SCV and its portfolio companies.
- Advises and works with portfolio companies on press announcements, speaking roles, and other media opportunities to support business and growth objectives.
- Proactively identifies media opportunities for SCV and its portfolio members. Manages inbound press inquiries and determines the appropriate opportunities for SCV and its portfolio members.
- Prepares executive level messaging for various media engagements.
- Welcomes guests to the office by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that the daily operations of the office run efficiently and smoothly.
- Is willing to respond to email and text communications outside of standard business hours.
Competencies / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. marketing, advertising, communications), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience with marketing program development and implementation preferably in a marketing coordinator role. Experience in cybersecurity and/or venture capital preferred.
- Passion: A true passion for the venture capital, cybersecurity, and technology industries. Hungry to learn new things and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Presents information professionally with poise and confidence in front of an audience.
- Time Management: As the point person for multiple projects and initiatives; this person must have very strong time management skills in order to meet timelines and keep projects on track.